Sometimes, looking for some variable or function in the program can be very hard find. For me, this issue always distracts my focus on application. Or, I can be very lazy to comment out /* */ some code block. Anyway, I would like to tell you some of the life and time savers of the shorcuts that I’m using frequently.
1. Cmd + Shift + O: Removes all of the unused imports from your file.
2. Cmd + Shift + C: Comments out the selected block or line with /* */ chars.
3. Control + Alt + H: I think this is the most wonderful one. Searches the selected function name in your project and lists all of them line by line.
4. Cmd + M : Maximizes Flash Builder/Flex window to view only editor window. You can switch back to previous view with the same shortcut also.
5. Cmd + L : When you type this. A little pop-up appears and asks you to type a line number. When you type the number and hit enter, it jumps directly to this line.
6. Cmd + Left Mouse Click : e.g, you have an instance name like “foo”. But you forgot the decleration of the variable. To find the decleration, just press Cmd and move mouse pointer onto “foo”. Then “foo” turns to “foo” underlined in blue color. If you click on it, you will jump directly to the decleration of the variable. Besides that, if you click onto decleration while holding down Cmd key, action Script class of the decleration will be opened in the editor.
7. Control + Tab: Switches between editors/tabs.
8. Cmd + O: Shows you all of the vars, function, methods, etc… in the class. And you search specific names from the opened window.
Please note if I am missing another usefull shortcut.
By the way, there is also a shorcut to view all of the showtcuts 🙂
Cmd + Shift + L